Little Tricks For A Better Move
Everyone wants their move to go smoothly, which is why many people look to a professional moving company to help them during their transition. If you’re going to be moving, there are a lot of little tricks and tips that you can use to help you to make moving more enjoyable.
1. You should, of course, pack as many things as you can into boxes, but what about that little space that’s left at the top? Try packing it with small, soft things, like hand towels, place mats, table cloths, or pot holders. This way you not only will fill in the space, you’ll also be protecting your belongings during transport.
2. Have a work space available in your home and in your new home. It’s easy to get hurt unintentionally during the moving process, but if you set up a work station that is just below your waist you’ll have to bend and shift much less.
3. If you have a lot of delicate belongings, you may find that you’re having a difficult time protecting them all during the move. Shredded paper is a great way to protect everything. Once you know you’re moving, start saving all of the papers that you’ve shredded, like credit card statements or old newspapers.
4. Once you know you’re moving, start getting rid of the extra food in your home. Make creative meals using the canned foods, and the frozen foods, you already have. This gives you a lot less to pack, as foods are actually very heavy when boxed up.
5. Taking time off from work is definitely important. Even if you’re getting moving quotes from moving companies to help you along the way, trying to pack and move is very stressful. Schedule at least a few days off during the move.