moving guide: one week
One Week Before the Move…
- Transfer bank accounts, and ask your local credit bureau to transfer your records to your new city.
- Reconfirm travel reservations.
- Arrange for cable TV disconnection.
- Arrange connection of utilities in new home. Draw up a floor plan of your new home, and indicate placement of furnishings. It makes moving in twice as easy.
- Arrange to have cash, certified check or money order ready to pay driver before goods are unloaded (unless your employer is paying the charges or youve arranged to pay by credit card).
- Set aside maps, games, snacks, flashlight, and other items youll take in your car.
- Gather medicines and important papers for the car trip.
- Your local phone company business office can help you with phone service for your new home, as well as disconnecting service at your present home.
- Drain water from all garden hoses.
- Start packing suitcases.
- Drain gasoline from lawn mower.